If you have a practice question or an ethical problem relating to counselling, psychotherapy or coaching, we may be able to assist and support you.
We can also help you to find appropriate local or national resources.
Topics on which we may be able to help include:
- Capacity and Consent
- Child Protection issues, policy and procedures
- Children and therapy: Consent, 'Gillick competence'
- Complaints and disciplinary procedures
- Conflicts of interest
- Courts: court cases, court reports, court attendance
- Counselling for child witnesses
- Counselling for adult witnesses
- Counselling 'wills' and contingency plans
- Disability and Discrimination Legislation compliance
- Disclosures and referrals
- Employment issues
- Ending a therapy practice
- Ethical practice
- Legal Claims - how to deal with them
- Mental capacity
- Notes and record keeping
- Parental Responsibility
- Powers of Attorney
- Public Interest
- Professional Standards
- Schools and Education issues
- Setting up in practice
- Tax and money matters (resource information only)
- Therapy as 'a business'
- Vulnerable adults
- Whistle blowing
- Witnesses in legal cases and Tribunal hearings
Having now retired from legal practice, Barbara no longer accepts instructions to represent clients as a solicitor. Where legal representation is required, referrals may be made on request.
The successors to Barbara Mitchels' legal practice are Vine Orchards, Solicitors, of 49 Rolle Street, Exmouth, Devon, EX8 2RS. SRA no 267173.